Fencing North is looking for volunteer Tournament Controllers (DTs) to help us run our regional competitions. This is a vital role as part of our tournament team.
In this role, we would ask you to:
- Collate registrations and organise entrants into pools
- Set up/pack down the DT desk
- Check in fencers at the start of the day
- Print draw sheets for each round
- Collect results and enter them into the system
- Support the head DT by looking after a specific event (especially the foil events)
- Commit to attending most competitions (or trade off between several people)
Fencing North is an entirely volunteer organisation - a handful of dedicated people giving their own time for the love of the sport. We really encourage you to consider what you can do to help, and spread the word to anyone who might be able to take on the role.