Items filtered by date: April 2017
Thursday, 27 April 2017 19:04

Fencing North Meeting - April 2017

Fencing North Committee Meeting

Wednesday 5th April 2017, 7:30pm

Parnell Community Centre, Parnell

 

Present:

Jess Gracie (Secretary) 

Bryce Gracie (President)

Oliver Agnew (Treasurer)

Alex Jacob (AHPF)

Jeremy Dyson (AHPF)

Katie Logan (NZAF)

Karl May (Swords)

Adrian Roberts (North Harbour) 

 

Apologies:

Eric Buisman (Vice President)

Amanda Hopkins (Swords)

 

Meeting starts 7:40pm:

Minutes from previous meeting:

Oliver Agnew moves that we accept the minutes from the previous meeting, Alex Jacob seconds.

 

Matters arising from previous meeting:

Still need to update signatories on Fencing North accounts.

Jess and Oliver still working on Oceanic Sub-committee.

 

Treasurer’s Report:

Oliver presented his report. Adrian Roberts moves that we accept the treasurers report, Karl May seconds.

 

Payments:

None

 

Competition Etiquette:

Comments from some coaches and parents have been made about the etiquette surrounding competitions. Fencers are not always helping with the set up and pack up of the competition equipment. Another issue is fencers that have placed 1st to 3rd are leaving before prize giving. After a discussion on this an action point was made for Jess to draft a document clearly outlining the way we would like fencers to behave at our competitions. It was suggested that a document be created with a checklist of what needs to be done to execute a competition.

 

Upgrading Boxes:

We need to upgrade our scoring boxes to new timing before the Oceanic Seniors in October. An action point was made for Jess to look into the cost to get this done.

 

Old Spools:

We have decided to sell 5 more of our old spools to clubs. It was suggested that the money from these spools be put aside for development of our regions such as coaching or refereeing classes or training camps. All in favour.

 

Bi-monthly Meetings:

We have decided to continue to have monthly meetings this year. As we are hosting Oceanic Seniors this year we see the potential for necessary discussions monthly.

Jeremy moves that we continue to have monthly meetings, all in favour.

 

Affiliations:

Affiliations are now live for 2017. They will be done directly through the FeNZ website.

 

FeNZ Development Program:

FeNZ has proposed a development program for fencers. It is looking at national training camps and travelling to overseas competitions as a team. FeNZ are asking each region for a financial contribution. In total FeNZ want $3500 from all regions pro rata to the number of fencers each region has in the program. They want a contribution for the next three years.

As our next Fencing North meeting is before the next FeNZ board meeting we will vote on whether we want to contribute our share at our May meeting.

 

Other Business:

None


Meeting closed at 9:26pm

Thursday, 27 April 2017 10:24

NZ Uni Games 2017 - Results

 

If you're using a phone browser to view the results, use this link

[/pb_text][/pb_column][/pb_row]

Published in Results 2017
Published in News
Go to top