Fencing North Meeting - August 2015


Fencing North Committee Meeting

Wednesday 5th August 2015, 7.30pm

Meadowbank Community Centre, Meadowbank



Eric Buisman (Vice President)

Linda Boyd (Treasurer)

Oliver Agnew (Secretary)

Nelly Dyson

Jeremy Dyson

Laura Harvey

Judit Fliszar

Hamish Bulmer

Gaylene Ongley



John Garelja (President)


Meeting starts 7.30pm:


Minutes from previous meeting:
Laura Harvey moves that we accept the previous minutes. Linda Boyd seconds. All in favour.


Matters arising from previous meeting:


President’s Report:
None for this meeting.


Treasurer’s Report:
Linda Boyd presented her treasurer’s report.

Oliver Agnew moves that we accept the treasurer’s report, Hamish Bulmer seconds. All in favour.

We need to work out when our next insurance payment should be. We should look at reviewing our current arrangement and seeing if we can get a better product/price – John to action.


Competitions Report:

Tournament sub committee provided reports on Secondary Schools #3 and Secondary Schools #4.

Event:​ Secondary School #3

Foil: 57

Epee: 22

Sabre: 17

Total number of fencers: 84

Entry vouchers: 5 issued

Event:​ Secondary School #4

Foil: 64

Epee: 23

Sabre: 14

Total number of fencers: 87

Entry vouchers: ? issued


Referee/Volunteer Rewards:

Jeremy Dyson moves that volunteers receive $20 petrol vouchers for assisting at regional secondary school and age group events for the balance of 2015. Laura Harvey seconds. All in favour.



Meadowbank Community Centre Rent:
Gaylene informs that our rent for the Meadowbank Community Centre has gone from $11 each use to $15/hr. She has a bill for $47 additional that covers our rent for our monthly meetings through till end of December we need to pay. We have written her a cheque for this.


Entry Fee Payments for International Competitors:
$110 to Daniel Garelja, Christine Chen, Darya Kharitonova
$50 to Steph Wyllie, Chris Bell, Alice Boyd, Hamish Chan


Payment of $41.67 made to Eric Buisman for Printer Ink

Payment of $378.47 made to Oliver Agnew for Prizes, Food, Printer Ink, and Cardboard.

Oliver still needs to be paid $24.95 for the Secondary School Shield engraving – carry over to next meeting.


Assets Register:
Note from Gaylene that we ensure that the cupboards we bought to store gear in will end up in our asset list.



NZSS & U20 Champs:
We have 7 pistes and would like another piste. Daniela will ask Fencing Central if we can borrow one of their pistes for this event.

Oliver has organised to have Connor Foley-Walker & Jonathan Brill as referees from Christchurch

John to ask Nicola Shackleton if she can come to referee for this event.


Fencing North Awards Night:
Daniela Ravera to look into organising a regional awards night.


Next Meeting:
Because we will be busy setting up for NZSS/U20s on the evening of our next meeting, we are bringing it forwards a week to the 26th August.

Meeting closed at 9.05pm




Go to top