Fencing North Meeting - November 2015

Fencing North Committee Meeting 

Wednesday 4th November 2015, 7.30pm 

Meadowbank Community Centre, Meadowbank



Eric Buisman (Vice President)

Linda Boyd (Treasurer)

Oliver Agnew (Secretary) – holding proxy for John Garelja

Laura Harvey

Gaylene Ongley

Isabelle Williams

Hamish Bulmer



John Garelja (President)

Daniela Ravera

Jeremy Dyson

Nelly Dyson


Meeting starts 7.30pm:


Minutes from previous meeting:

Oliver Agnew moves that we accept the previous minutes. Laura Harvey seconds. All in favour.


Matters arising from previous meeting:



President’s Report:

John is absent so no report for this meeting


Treasurer’s Report:

Eric Buisman moves that we accept the Treasurer’s report. Oliver Agnew seconds. All in favour.


Competitions Report & 2016 Calendar Process:

No report for this meeting

Oliver and Laura have made progress on the 2016 calendar – waiting confirmation from FeNZ on which national events we will be running.



Oliver has paid for our insurance ($1587.23) and needs to be reimbursed.

Gaylene has paid for $70 worth of engravings and needs to be reimbursed.


Fencing North AGM Date:

AGM was scheduled to be held on Wednesday 2nd December at the Meadowbank Community Centre at 7.30pm. Oliver Agnew moves that we move this to the 9th of December. Hamish Bulmer seconds. All in favour.

Oliver to post notice of AGM and call for nominations for executive members.

We had a discussion about our requirement that we are audited annually. Under the current rules for incororated societies this is not required, but we feel that it is still worthwhile that we have audited financial statements in case we need to provide copies as part of a grant application.



We need to make sure our new equipment is covered by our insurance policy. Oliver will send an inventory list to John to pass back to our insurers.


Fenton Dates:

Oliver to organise to run this across club nights.

Sabre: Wednesday 11th November @ NZAF

Epee: Tuesday 17th November @ ASC

Foil: Wednesday 18th November @ NZAF


Equipment Purchases Update & Pistes Decision:

We have bought 4 sets of Favero boxes/spools and a Favero Professional A2 tester from Mainland Fencing. These have all arrived.

We had a discussion about the merits of fabric pistes vs aluminium pistes.

Oliver moves that we complete our order from Mainland Fencing by purchasing 4 next generation fabric pistes. Laura seconds. Linda, Eric, John, Gaylene, Isabelle, Oliver, Laura in favour. Hamish Bulmer not in favour. Motion carried.


Meeting closed at 8.30pm

Go to top