Fencing North Meeting - August 2016

Fencing North Committee Meeting

Thursday 4th August 2016, 7.30pm

Meadowbank Community Centre, Meadowbank

Eric Buisman
Oliver Agnew
Linda Boyd
Daniela Ravera
Jessica Gracie

Hamish Bulmer
Laura Harvey
John Garelja


Meeting starts 7.30pm:


Minutes from previous meeting:
Eric Buisman moves that we accept the minutes from the previous meeting, Jess Gracie seconds. All in favour.


Matters arising from previous meeting:
Oliver and Laura still to do retrospective on SS Individual


Treasurer’s Report:
Oliver Agnew moves that we accept the Treasurer’s report, Jess Gracie seconds. All in favour.


Outstanding expenses to be paid for hall hire (Massey), catering (Jess Gracie), and misc receipts (Oliver)


Event Organisation Team:
Fencing North will appoint organisers for each event who will put together their teams from a list of volunteers on a rostering basis. The organiser will be in charge of the event and first point of contact for any issues or queries and any decisions that need to be made. Rosters should be managed from google docs, to be set up by Oliver and Laura. Laura Harvey to organise North SS Teams and Daniela Ravera to organise National SS Champs.


North Secondary School Teams:
Starting this weekend with Foil poules – need to put out a call for referees. Will have eight poules.
We will do 2min bouts for foil teams to help the event run smoothly.
Oliver to organise trophies for the top schools in each event, and also organise petrol vouchers for the referees.


NZ Secondary School Champs:
Oliver to make entry form and then information to be distributed. Control marks are sorted and t-shirt has been designed.


Fencing NZ News:
Waiting on FeNZ to do a bunch of things including allocating equipment received from FIE and updating content on their website. Fencing Central are running training camps and coaching camps.


Other Business:


Meeting closed at 8.34pm


Go to top