Fencing North Meeting - November 2017

 

Fencing North Committee Meeting

Wednesday 1st November 2017, 7:30pm

Parnell Community Centre, Parnell

                                                       

Present:

Jess Gracie (Secretary)

Bryce Gracie (President)

Katie Logan

Amanda Hopkins

Jeremy Dyson

Jess Kaiser

Oliver Agnew

 

Apologies:

Alice Boyd

 

 

Meeting starts 7:30pm:

Minutes from previous meeting:

Katie moves that we accept the minutes from the previous meeting, Jess K seconds.

 

Matters arising from previous meeting:

The proposed FeNZ Team Medal policy was discussed.

Bryce moves that Fencing North supports giving medals to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place getters with a fence off for third, but that medals should be given out for top three no matter the number of teams entered, Amanda seconds. All in favour.

 

Treasurer’s Report:

A verbal report was given by Oliver. There are still a few outstanding expenses from the recent Oceania competition. Our end of Financial year was on the 31st of October. Eric moves that we accept the treasurers report, Bryce seconds. All in favour.

 

Competitions:

Jess presented a report of this month’s competitions.

It was discussed about looking for a venue for competitions closer to central Auckland to provide greater accessibility for fencers. There is a new Auckland Council grant that we can apply to for funding to help cover Fencing North venue hire as well as the potential to help with club venue hire.

There is an action on Jess G to contact Epsom Girls and ask for a quote and availability for 2018.

Oceania Recap

The members of the organising subcommittee that were present gave a recap of the event. They felt that the competition was a great success with positive feedback coming from all fencers. We would like to express our thanks to all involved. The helpers, the officials, fencers, NZCT, Albert Eden Local Board, St Johns, Fencing Central and Fencing New Zealand for the support of equipment. We would especially like to thank all the Fencing North members who came and assisted with the set-up, pack up and general running of the competition.

AGM

The 2017 AGM was discussed.

Bryce moves that the AGM will be held on the 29th of November at 7pm at the Parnell Community Centre, Amanda seconds. All in favour.

A motion has been submitted to consider the establishment of a new officer within the executive of the Auckland Provincial Amateur Fencing Council Incorporated. The duties of this officer will be to oversee the smooth and consistent running of all tournaments held by Fencing North. This officer will have full voting rights at committee meetings. This officer will hold the position for a period of 12 months. They will be tasked with identifying individuals to assist with tournaments.

Should this motion be accepted we have two options to be voted upon at the AGM;

  1. The Tournament Organiser Officer will be chosen by calling for nominations and voted on at the AGM or a SGM by affiliated members.

  2. The Tournament Organiser Officer will be chosen by the committee of Fencing North by calling for nominations as they see fit and discussing and voting upon this at a committee meeting to decide who they see is best fit for the role.

Note: if Option 1 is chosen then a SGM to vote upon this officer will be held prior to the next Fencing North committee meeting for 2018.

 


Meeting closed at 8:53pm

Go to top